2/26/2010

Sewing at City Craft

Last night I had the first session of a sewing class at City Craft.  The focus of this particular class is on creating a throw pillow with custom cording and an invisible zipper. Considering how much I love fabric and pillows, knowing how to create them on my own might be dangerous. My poor husband already has to deal with pillow overload on our sofa and bed!

Anyhow, we primarily worked on creating the custom cording. I finished a little early, so I cruised the fabric area. They have a fabulous selection of designer fabrics (including Michael Miller, Amy Butler, and Joel Dewberry) and my brain was going crazy with ideas on how I could use my favorite ones in our house. Here are some snapshots...
 
Imagine Roman shades in this fabric....
  

Little turquoise action...
  

I'm all over this b/w zig-zag...
  

The peacock blue one in the middle really caught my eye...
  

Baby trellis!
  

They have tons of oilcloth, which I love!
 
 

Finally, this orange and turquoise print will be mine in some form or fashion.
 

I'll report back next week with my pics of my finished pillow. Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow they have some great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous that you get to take class at such a fantastic store! i wish i could go running and skipping through all of their bolts (i do have mood though, so I can't be too jealous!)

    way to go on conquering custom binding! I just got a new sewing machine and need to re-tackle this skill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabrics are amazing. If you do get the orange and turquoise fabric, please let us know who makes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lucky you have a store that sells such lovely fabrics...!

    ReplyDelete