2/22/2010

Whoops

This room was what prompted me to compile the black and white post and then I completely forgot to include it! It's from the Lake Forest Showcase House featured in Traditional Home...in the caption they say it's a "gentleman's room" which confuses me (and also creeps me out a bit). Those beds look very similar to the one at Ethan Allen I've written about before.
 

  

Also included in the "Showhouse Rooms Bathed in White" slideshow, this ridiculously cool black ceiling!  I'm not in love with the room as a whole, but I do fancy those Greek key x-benches.
  

I'm thinking a version of this open-back sofa would be the perfect fix for my living room problem. It could face the fireplace and hopefully would unify the two sides of the room.
  

This shot makes me want to recover the settee in our living room (shown below) in a heavy ivory silk. I also adore those little striped accent pillows.
  
 All above images via Traditional Home

After seeing these head-to-head, I just might have to get a price on this upholstery project. The settee is from the Wisteria outlet, so it wasn't expensive to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. I love this room (and that bed!), although it doesn't look all that gentlemen-ly to me either :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog; glad to have found yours as well!

    ReplyDelete