3/08/2010

Bath Report

Since I posted photos of the back guest room, I figured you might want to see the adjoining bathroom.
 

To change the vibe of the room, I painted the walls Fashion Gray by Behr and the vanity a glossy black, then added fun knobs from Anthropologie.  We also put the crown molding in here.  Next step was to take the mirror down and hang two of these mirrors
 

Unfortunately, we figured out that the room had been wallpapered at one point and thus the portion of the wall behind the mirror was textured, while the exposed walls were smooth. Quite an annoying discovery because I hate bare-bones mirrors like this. We might add molding around the mirror to dress it up. Or if we get crazy, maybe the room will get wallpapered so I can go with the original double mirror plan.

John Derian tray...

Dwell shower curtain from Target.
  

  

Roman shade from PB Teen
 

I have two of these that we need to install over the vanity.


The "before" shots, what it looked like when we moved in...it was a little boy's bathroom :)
 

 

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this might be your best before/after yet :) Love that gray paint color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello there! just found your blog from Emily's blog.
    love it! and love your bedroom! wow!

    will be following you.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. paint does a room good. job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow--that before was a shock. love what you've done, and love the inlay mirror and the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog, and I just signed up to follow it. You bathroom turned out great. If you really want two mirrors, you can actually hang them directly over your existing mirror with mirror adhesive! I love that look and plan on doing it in my bathroom redo. If time allows, please visit my blog, and if you find anything that inspires, please follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, I'm shooting your before and after over to my friend Rachel at Raenovate whose whole blog is focused around these amazing makeovers. I LOVE the color you pick (grey is my FAVORITE wall color, of all time). I'm not usually a bathroom decor lover but I really really really like what you did with the space (it feels more like you decorated a room and not a bathroom, does that make sense?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous bathroom, love the grey. Similar to Jan's idea above, you can layer mirrors with 3M picture hanging strips - I just saw this idea on Little Green Notebook and I'm totally going to use it, so I thought I'd pass it along.

    http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2010/03/how-to-decorate-bedroom-in-week.html (mirror instructions are towards the bottom of the post).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the before & after posts on your blog...will be back to see what else you do :)))

    Jen Ramos
    madebygirl.blogspot.com
    --

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so glad that I stumbled on to your blog yesterday from JAG! We have very similar tastes. I love your bathroom paint color too! Same one as the bedroom, right? I signed up to follow you. I will be back again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lemon Annie - the bathroom paint color is Fashion Gray by Behr and the bedroom is Slate by Restoration Hardware. Slate is much warmer...it has more brown in it. They look pretty similar in pictures but have a much different feel in person!

    ReplyDelete