4/06/2010

Paint it Black

I FINALLY painted and hung the tole chandelier in our front guest bedroom! It's been on my massive to-do list for far too long and I'm so happy to cross it off now. What do you think?

The chandelier came from my grandmother's house...it hung in the room that I always stayed in while visiting and I've loved it since I was little.

 Here's a closer shot before I hung it all by myself! My husband will be thrilled that his assistance wasn't required. My incessant need to hang chandeliers all over the house is a sore subject with us ;)

I completely forgot to take a "before" shot...but the white/yellow/green paint job looked something like this before I covered it with glossy black paint. Very cute, but I needed to make it a little edgier to fit with the vibe of the room.


If you're wanting a similar look, check out Ebay, Craigslist, and local antique stores. Try using the search terms "Italian Tole chandelier." Pottery Barn Kids also has these well-priced options:

In other guest bedroom news...spring is finally here and our azaleas are starting to bloom! This room has a great view of the newly colorful landscape :)

13 comments:

  1. The black chandelier is great! Good job. Love the orange accent on the pillow, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it, and i love those corner windows, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new chandie! Great find, and it looks so nice in that room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new color! It really adds to the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chandelier looks fantastic and really compliments the room! Thanks for sharing, I love your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that this chandelier once was in your grandmother's, and the room is so beautiful and serene. Wonderful job, lucky guests! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reallly love that rug. Where's it from?

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I need a chandelier for my master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Olivia, I got lucky and found the rug at the Wisteria outlet...I'd point you to something similar but I haven't run across anything quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! I'm getting ready to do that with 2 brass chandeliers that I have in my dining room and entry way.

    ReplyDelete