12/15/2011

Gallery Spotlight: Kathryn Markel Fine Arts

I try to keep tabs on what's going on in the art world, but it's tough because there are so many artists and galleries out there. Little by little, I discover new artists and thereby find the galleries that represent them and vice versa, sometimes I discover new galleries and come across newfound favorite artists that they represent. It's a time consuming, but fun process and curiosity is the key to success.

One the galleries I keep up with is Kathryn Markel Fine Arts, which is located in New York and Bridgehampton. I found the gallery after falling in love with a Deborah Zlotsky painting and I really like the other artists that the gallery represents too. Besides the interesting offering of artwork, I also follow KMFA's inventory because the price points aren't outrageous, which is a shallow but necessary factor to keep in mind. If you're seriously looking to buy, there's no point in shopping a gallery that sells work priced out of your budget. Anyhow, here is a sampling of my favorite pieces from Kathryn Markel Fine Arts...

All pieces can be purchased through Kathryn Markel Fine Arts

All pieces can be purchased through Kathryn Markel Fine Arts

Do you like any of the pieces above? Are there any artists or galleries that you keep tabs on? What is your art shopping strategy?

1 comment:

  1. I love the pieces above! Great color. Personally, I keep up with the work of Michelle Armas - armasdesign.blogspot.com. She is an amazing artist in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete