3/15/2012

Cisco Home

Another one of my shopping stops in LA was the Cisco Home store in Brentwood. The place has a really comfortable, laid-back vibe...as you can see here, it's easy to picture yourself kicking back on the sofa with a book. I loved the cluster of Jug Lamps...

The store is right by the Hillary Thomas Designs' Chic Shop. It was great to pop in because I've long been a fan of their furniture, but only get to see bits and pieces of their inventory in Dallas. Besides sitting on and seeing/touching the furniture, they have wonderful fabric options and it's nice to be able to look at all of those in person. I was checking out some of their linen options in ivory and black for a chaise lounge I'm looking to order for myself.


I fell in love with this Crescent Chair too. It was so comfy and the scale was perfect for so many places...

Cisco is known for their high-quality handmade, eco-friendly furniture. The company was started by Cisco Pinedo, who designs the furniture and runs the business with a focus on craftsmanship and sustainability. Cisco's goods are made in the US and they sell through Cisco Home stores, HD Buttercup, and ABC Home. Other retailers, like Mecox, used to carry the line too and I assume that still goes on but Cisco doesn't provide any kind of a list to share.

If you're in the market for well-made case goods or upholstered pieces, be sure to take a look at Cisco. They have beautifully designed pieces and since they make everything in LA, lots of things can be customized to fit your needs. The line is very diverse and you'll find things that evoke a casual, relaxed aesthetic as well pieces that are more tailored and buttoned up. Here are some of my favorites...



And last but not least, the Field Bench. This is my Jake Ryan in Furnitureland...I have coveted the Field Bench for years and now they are making an iteration with a back, which totally throws me over the edge. I'm deperately trying to figure out a way to fit one of these into my world...

This is a good photo of my beloved benches that was featured in Apartment Therapy's post on Cisco from last year...
Photo via Apartment Therapy, taken by Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan
What do you think of Cisco Home's furniture? Do you own any? I don't have any in my house (yet) so I haven't personally field-tested the quality yet and would love to hear any feedback.

7 comments:

  1. Love Cisco home. We use to sell it at Lillian August. Would love to visit their show room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great pieces, love the tufted bench! The lamps are also pretty spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Field Bench with back just rocked my world. I envy all you gals who might possibly be able to talk your guy into allowing something like this through the front door. Unfortunately mine has to be able to envision himself lounged out all over it. If it doesn't hold up to this test, no bueno. But good golly that's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any updates in the master bathroom? Did you pick the title?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tatiana! The bathroom project is about to get started! I've ordered almost everything, except the tile. Still going with white subway on the walls and a herringbone Carrara on the floors. Just trying to get the trim tile plan all squared away before I place the order...that's the tricky/annoying/expensive part :)

      Delete
  5. HI
    Cisco Home
    i would like to say thank you about this cool post, and this idea very helpful to me and nice article
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought the Raggady Sofa back in 2003 and the construction is amazing. We've replaced the original slipcover, but I love their new styles and enjoyed seeing the photos of the store in Brentwood.

    ReplyDelete