7/22/2010

The next great fabric designer...is it you?

How cute is this mod little nursery? One of my favorite things about it, is the yellow fabric used on the pelmet boxes.
Photo from here


According to their site, "Spoonflower makes it possible for individuals to design, print and sell their own fabric designs." So, much like Etsy, the site empowers crafty peeps all over the world by giving them the tools to profit from their creative efforts. To me, Spoonflower was a genius idea and I'm completely inspired by the people who launched this business and continue to grow it today. Here's a neat video that explains who they are and how they got started.

To add to the amazingness of Spoonflower...most designs are available in a variety fabrics including quilting weight, organic cotton Sateen, organic cotton knit, upholstery-weight twill, linen-cotton canvas, and cotton lawn. Providing this chameleon-like functionality spectrum is SO clutch...nothing is more frustrating than seeing a gorgeous print that doesn't come in a fabric sturdy enough for upholstery.

I love the idea of creating a custom fabric and it's on my list of things to do in the near future. Until then, I'm busy lovin' everyone else's creations...are you as impressed as I am??


















Morocco Peach

Ever used Spoonflower? If you have, I'd love to hear about it (and see a link if possible)!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great find! I can't believe that these fabrics are made by individuals not just designers. Some of these are the best I've seen in a while, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's crazy. Thanks so much for sharing, this is definitely a great resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius!! Great find. Can't wait to browse it might just find the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete