9/01/2011

Paul Costello - Photographer Extraordinaire

I am an amateur photographer who desperately wants to master the art of taking beautiful, light-filled interior photos. I've learned a lot over the past year, but still have a long way to go. I probably hate eight out of ten shots that I take! While frustrating at times, the whole learning process has definitely upped my level of appreciation for pro photogs. Along with the interior designers and magazine editors, these are the talented people that create our inspiration images.

Paul Costello is one of these pros and he has captured some really special moments in interior design. Many of you have surely seen his work in Domino in addition to most of the other major shelter mags. Having worked with top notch designers like Miles Redd, Paul Costello has been tapped to shoot some pretty stellar projects. Despite the high jumping off point, he certainly has a knack for taking something that looks fantastic and making it look even better. His ability to manipulate natural light is impressive to say the least. Not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous of his skills! He has created some truly memorable photos, including the following from his portfolio...

Photo by Paul Costello

Design by Miles Redd, Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Design by Miles Redd, Photo by Paul Costello

Design by Miles Redd, Photo by Paul Costello

Design by Miles Redd, Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

Photo by Paul Costello

I loved looking through Paul's entire portfolio which includes a huge range of subjects and settings. I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of buying a large-scale print of this one...
Photo by Paul Costello

All amazing photos, aren't they? Are any of you budding photographers?

5 comments:

  1. oh, i wish there was a short cut to acquiring skills; that's what makes them great ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just bought my first "real" camera yesterday! It's so intimidating, but I can't wait to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what lovely interior shots,

    talent was evident in there ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photography! I recognize a few of these photos from blogland. The first one is my favorite, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these picture...I wanna live in that living room with the union jack pillow

    www.looklikemenyc.com

    ReplyDelete