1/18/2013

Travel Wish List: Delaire Graff Estate

A lovely South African reader was kind enough to email me some recs and tips after hearing about my impending journey to her beautiful country. One of the places she recommended was the Delaire Graff Estate in the Cape Winelands. And WOW - it looks absolutely spectacular!

This Relais & Chateaux hotel is owned by the chairman of Graff Diamonds International, so it's no surprise that Delaire Graff is all about luxury and enjoying the finest that life has to offer. Situated on an unbelievable piece of real estate in the Cape Winelands, the property boasts a stunning art collection, beautifully designed and cultivated gardens, bountiful vineyards, a top-notch winery, a gorgeous spa, and two restaurants that are surely outstanding. Needless to say, I want to go there and live like a diamond kingpin, if only for a day or two! Take a little tour with me...

So this is the Owner's Lodge, complete with a private pool and a completely idyllic view of the mountains and the vineyards...


I love the wood pool deck...

This is the lodge living room. It's sophisticated and stylish just not at all stuffy. I'm dying to know more about the flooring...


And here's a bathroom, and the only reason I'm showing it is because I like: a) the way the mirrors are hung b) the ledge above the counter and c) the long towel bar that runs across the front of the sink console...

I would very much like to wake up to this view! 

Here is the spa pool...

Um, this might be the most perfect place EVER to have a glass/bottle of wine....
All images via Delaire Graff

Oh my...I'm just dying to stay here. Not sure if that is in the cards, but hopefully I'll at least get to visit and hang in the wine lounge for as long as they'll let me!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing! That pool, those tables, the view! Paradise!! I'll take 2 weeks please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!!! This looks amazing. Wait, I must hear about this trip. I have some good friends that lived in Capetown for awhile. I can ask them for recs. xo

    ReplyDelete