2/07/2013

Trey Egan at Cris Worley Fine Arts

One of the items that has been on my list of "things I want to do" (which has been eclipsed by the "things I have to do" list) is to visit Cris Worley Fine Arts and take in Trey Egan's exhibition, Be Still with Me. It is set to close on February 16 and hopefully I can get there before then. I really wish I could make it to the Artists Talks at 1415 Slocum event this Saturday, but that's not in the cards (but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't go!).

Trey Egan will be discussing his paintings and his show at CWFA at 4:30 and it would be great to hear what he has to say and then view the body of work. Learning about an artist's perspective is key to fully appreciating the art they create. And I find that discovering the background and intention behind a piece is especially impactful with abstract works. Anyhow, like I said, you should go listen and learn if you're in Dallas and free this Saturday afternoon! If you can't be there, then you'll just have to digitally enjoy the work of Trey Egan...

Trey Egan, The Signal, oil on canvas,  *sold

Trey Egan, Born Electric, We are the Lucky Ones, 2012, oil on canvas, 52 x 70 inches
Here's a detail shot so you can get an idea of the intricacy of the brush work and paint placement...
Trey Egan, Born Electric, We are the Lucky Ones (detail)
Here's a view of Born Electric, We are the Lucky Ones and The Signal at the gallery...


Trey Egan, Migration *sold
 
Trey Egan, Shadow Sister
Trey Egan, Pressure Code *sold

Based on the above, what do you think of Trey Egan's oeuvre? I really love it...on the whole it's pretty turbulent and sometimes feels a bit too visually stimulating, but it draws you in and becomes more interesting and less chaotic the more you look at it. I'd also say that it radiates energy and excitement and that's kind of hard not to love, right?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to a new artist- it's beautiful! And I completely agree- at first it does seem chaotic and busy, but I can tell, especially by the sizes, how you could get drawn in to the details and find the calm.

    ReplyDelete