1/13/2010

Retail Heaven

This is how I see LA...a city with a seemingly endless supply of cool boutiques. It always feels like there is more pavement to pound on the next trip.

This time, Saturday was pretty much my only shopping day. I made a list of places to hit up and tried to plot them out on a Google map...luckily, most were pretty close to each other. Here's where we went (in addition to a pit stop at Toast, a cafe that makes the world's greatest sandwich called the Smoke Stack, Y-U-M): Mogul, Jonathan Adler, Rehab Vintage Interiors, Empiric, H.D. Buttercup, and Room Service. Here are some pics from the first three...

Meet my new rug! It's 9x12', was on sale, and will add some much needed pizazz to our bedroom. Can't wait to get it, however, putting a rug under a huge bed (with a Tempurpedic mattress) is very awkward/difficult/frustrating.

Richard Nixon Throws in bright new colors!

I love all three components pictured here...I can especially see the runner in my house. The cute little settee was so comfortable too!

Adorable tiny lamp...great for bookcases, powder rooms, vanities, etc.
 

After many wasted hours playing with the "Design Your Own..." function on the JA website, I've finally decided on the below gray and ivory Greek key color combo for a custom rug to go in our den. Added bonus, you can flip your rug over to get the reverse of the pattern.
 

This is a petrified wood stump/side table that I loved. This picture doesn't do it any justice...so much better in person.
 
Love this Bowling Alley Table

This propeller is one of the things I specifically came to look at. Since I shouldn't be spending $750 on an accessory, I'm going to see if my dad's airplane mechanic can hook me up with a cheaper version!
 

This was a custom piece from the fabricator at Rehab. Very good quality, you can tell he's a true craftsman. Behind it you can see a glimpse of a blue McDowell Craig steel tanker desk. They have a wide selection of these...both vintage and new.

I should've bought this orange clock!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment