4/02/2010

I went to Round Top...

And only came back with this wine bottle coaster. Very pretty, but not sure it was worth the 8 hr round-trip drive!

On the bright side, it was nice to take a road trip through Texas during the springtime...gorgeous weather and the bluebonnets have started to bloom.

Round Top is a tiny town in the middle of the state and hosts huge Antique Weeks twice a year. I went last October and saw lots of great things. That's when I bought the chandelier in our bedroom along with the little gray vanity stool

Don't know what the deal was this time around, but I hardly found anything worth taking a picture of. I was on the hunt for a new buffet for our dining room and completely struck out. Next time, I really need to stay the night in order to better digest the insane amount of stuff. Since I have nothing to report from this trip, here are some shots of what I saw in the fall...





Antiquing is very hit-or-miss, so I know I'll have better luck in the future. Maybe the good juju will come when I'm at the Paris flea markets in May :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you made the long drive and it turned out to be a bust! I must admit that reading this makes me feel a little better about not being able to go this time around. You are so right about antiquing! It is definitely hit or miss!

    ReplyDelete