11/16/2010

Not Quite a Sofa

I'm going to change things up in our living room...more specifically, the area in front of the fireplace needs to be reworked. I'm not happy with it, so I've decided to sell the linen settee and the silk striped chair and start over. The scroll armed chair is going to get reupholstered and the rest is to be determined. Obviously, I'll want at least one other seating piece and I don't want a sofa since there are already two in the same room. So, a chaise lounge or an oversized bench might work.



I've been on the prowl for just the right piece for many moons and there are plenty of options. After seeing the below conversation sofa from the J. Crew Collection store last year, I'm pretty obsessed with the idea of getting a Tête-à-Tête style...not only does it look amazing, it would also tie the two halves of the room together if it faced the fireplace. Getting the size right is the tricky part in my situation and I'm afraid it could be awkward in terms of function. This is a situation when I wish "trying on" a piece of furniture was possible!


Anyhow, here are some of the best I've seen. Keep in mind that the colors shown aren't necessarily what I'd choose...I'm always limited to the images I can grab from the site. As usual, some are way beyond my budget, but they are still fun to ogle over!


Lampert - Jonathan Adler
 

Vintage Tête-à-Tête Chair - Jayson Home and Garden via 1st Dibs


Double Chaise - Lee Industries

X Bench - Plantation


Hutton Chaise - Room & Board

Bench - Lee Industries


Mark Chaise - Plantation Design

De'Wolf Double Chaise - Windsor Smith

Wilshire Settee - Williams-Sonoma Home

Clermont Daybed - Cisco Brothers

Presidio Settee - Williams-Sonoma Home


Pauline Chaise - Z Gallerie

Any favorites?

16 comments:

  1. They are all pretty (and I love this idea), esp the teal first one and the hot pink raspberry one. The only I'm not fond of is the tete-a-tete from jayson garden...it reminds me of a hotel lobby...kind of how you are sitting next to a stranger but its ok because there is a barrier between you. It doesn't seem conducive to conversation. Esp if you have four people sitting on that side of the room, three of them facing each other and one with their back to the rest? At least with the other couches you are sort of sitting turned to the side and can see everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pigeon - definitely a good point about the one from Jayson H&G. I think it's pretty, but you're right about it being awkward from a social standpoint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling that anything you do will be pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favs are the Lampert and the De'Wolf. My least fav is the Tête-à-Tête Chair. It doesn't quite go in the direction of where you're trying to go. I can't wait to see what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chyanne - I am infatuated with the De'Wolf chaise! Too bad it's one that is WAY out of my price range...I'll keep dreaming about it though. The Lampert is a top contender...palatable price and I love the chic, tailored look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you see that Jenny (My Favorite and My Best) snagged one of those Oly chaises for $150 on Craigs? IN-SANE!!
    Yes, that Windsor Smith version haunts me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the lampert, oly and windsor r nice. Can the dimensions be customized?

    http://g-w-hunting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you think you'll sell the items on Craigslist? If so, I may be interested. I live in the Dallas area also. Could you let me know? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! This post made me realize that this is what I need for our living room! I'm saving these images and maybe use one of them for Custom Sofa Designs... hmm... Or luck out on CL like Jenny from MFAMB..

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are all pretty! i'll take number one for myself :) and i agree trying on furniture would make the world a better place, especially if there were workers dedicated to doing "go-backs"!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a small moment of panic reading this considering I am slightly in l-o-v-e with your living room (AND you and your orange pillows have caused me to turn away from my first love: green). However, I have quite quickly convinced myself now that my living room will be incomplete without a chaise, so I can't wait to see what you pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am using the Hutton Sofa for a client. It is awesomely comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Cisco Brothers daybed and the Wormley Tete a Tete.

    I would love to see you do a post on basic window treatments at some point. I'm moving into my first home and looking for budget options for the windows--many, many more than this apartment dweller is used to. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love De'Wolf. You may be able to get a custom one made to your specifications at http://designersofasdirect.com/

    Looking forward to seeing what you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete