11/15/2010

Sustainable Source: Canvas

I was happy to stumble upon Canvas, an eco-chic retailer that carries unique ceramics, accessories, textiles, and furniture. The cool, dreamy colors used throughout their website instantly drew me in and before I knew it, I had canvased the whole site (pardon the pun). All of their goods are created by artisans and craftsmen and are curated with the intention of creating a "collection that represents simple, sustainable style."

Sometimes green decor can be a little too raw and earthy for my taste, but Canvas does a good job of keeping the overall style relatively polished. I suppose since their store is located in New York, the aesthetic can't get too granola. While cruising, I ran across a few things that are quite noteworthy...I particularly liked items from their furniture and upholstery sections:

I L-O-V-E this chair...I even dig the blue velvet!

These are simple yet sophisticated...also priced pretty well.


I love the idea of a long, narrow coffee table between two sofas...this one would be perfect for that.


I really like the chandelier, but unfortunately that wasn't on their website!


4 comments:

  1. The blue chair is fab...I can see two of them right now in my living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lot of the same stuff from the store Ochre. That chair is one of my all times favorites!

    www.thingsthatsparkleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, that tufted chair is glorious! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kyle, you're making me a little nervous. Did you write that? Craftsman emphasizes hand made over mass production as also artisan reflects function but stresses uniqueness and beauty. (I loved artisan jewelry when I was younger) There hardly seems need of a curator here.

    ReplyDelete