6/21/2011

Fabric Sourcing: Don't Forget About Spoonflower

I'm constantly scouting fabrics and sometimes I forget about off-the-beaten path resources like Spoonflower. I wrote about the wonderful, design-your-own-fabric site a while back and since then I haven't been back for many visits. Well, a lot has changed since then in terms of the sophistication of some of the designs that the Spoonflower community has created. It's similar to Etsy in that it's a very mixed bag, however, there are some amazing colors and patterns and all are available for purchase.

The best part about Spoonflower is that you get to choose a fabric type for any design and the options include quilting weight, organic cotton sateen, organic cotton knit, upholstery-weight twill, linen-cotton canvas, silk crepe de chine, and cotton voile - all are priced between $18-38 per yard so it's pretty affordable. Plus, you can get any amount of yardage including 8" square sample cuts and fat quarters, which is really nice.

I cruised the site and started flagging my my favorite designs, some of which are included below...

Turquoise Dots + Points French Navy
Lantern Poppyseed + Connect The Blocks Fuschia

Zig to Your Zag + White Anemones
Nature's Damask Blue Gray + Doodles

Summer Mums + Square Moldings French Navy
Green Lattice + Bambootoo Cherry Blossom

Sidestep + Poppy
Lampions + Orange Chevron
What do you think of the designs? Many on the site are particularly perfect for nurseries and kids' rooms so be sure to take a look if you're a decorating momma.

Have you ever bought fabric from Spoonflower? If so, how is the quality?

2 comments:

  1. I completety agree! I love Spoonflower, the prices can't be beat. I have done a few blog postings about them myself, they have some great vintage 50's inspired designs which I love. The ones you have posted are fabulous, I will now be wasting all morning checking them out again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoonflower is located here and in Durham and I have ordered from them and love the quality of the product! They offer a lot of different types of fabric. I designed my own and had it printed on a sateen fabric and loved it!

    ReplyDelete