12/12/2011

Take Me Away to the J.K. Place Capri

It's cold and dreary in Dallas today and I'm slammed with work and personal stuff, so I'm taking a moment to daydream about being at the JK Place Capri. I know that this hotel has been blogged and published a million times, but I for one, never tire of looking at it.

It was designed by renowned Italian architect Michele Bönan and it is aesthetically exquisite.  In typical Bönan fashion, the interiors and exterior of the JK Place Capri are polished and sophisticated. Not a detail is missed and because of that, the hotel feels like a very well-appointed home. It's decked out with books, art, fresh flowers, monogrammed linens, and bespoke lighting and furnishings. The style is fresh yet still classic, swanky yet still comfortable, and modern yet still traditional. All in all, the JK Place Capri is just spectacular. Take a look...

Common areas in perfect shades of ivory and navy...


Fabulous terrance overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea...

Hands-down, these are some of the best hotel bedrooms EVER...

Love the tailored bed canopies...




Amazing bathroom + view...


Here is JKitchen, the on-site restaurant. Love the beautiful gray wall color, the ivory draperies, the dining chairs, the banquettes, the artwork...pretty much everything!

I could drink prosecco here all night long...
 

This little vignette is a great example of how Bönan creates a home-like atmosphere...

Breathtaking exterior...

Another beautiful ipe pool deck. The ceramic garden stools and lanterns are nice touches too...

So gorgeous, isn't it? Have you ever been to Capri? I have got to get there...asap. Have you ever stayed at a property designed by Michele Bönan? My husband and I stayed the the Lungarno in Florence and it was wonderful. Can't wait to go back there too...Italy is obviously calling my name!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously never tire of this hotel. It's perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately wouldn't mind staying there. So beautiful and I love those simple colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete