11/29/2012

Fashion Diversion - Robert Talbott Look 1

I was recently invited to style a few looks around pieces from Robert Talbott's women collection...as you've probably heard by now if you follow me on Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram. It was a fun project, though admittedly a bit daunting to put outfits together outside of my closet. The hard part was editing down to a reasonable quantity of pants, shoes, bags, and jewelry to schlep to the Robert Talbott store in Highland Park Village. After going through that process, I now understand why pro stylists bring so much stuff with them to shoots! Options are comforting and there's no better place to get a look together than in your own closet, right?

Anyhow, for this first outfit I picked a majorly luxe cashmere button-up to style around. I'm a serious button-up shirt hoarder, but my stash doesn't include a cashmere beauty like this one. Besides the fact that is feels amazing, it's a really pretty shirt that can be dressed up or down and the subtle heather grey color is perfect for fall and winter. And best of all, aside from the gorgeous fabric, is the tailoring.  The cut is exquisite and creates a trim, ladylike silhouette so it's perfect for layering and tucking into skirts and pants. I would've layered more if the temps weren't in the high 80s on the day of the shoot!

Because the shirt is classic and understated, I went a bit wild with the printed pants and massive necklace. Both are from J. Crew. My glasses are Ralph Lauren and my boots are Chanel. I was photographed in the Champagne Room at 31, a super fun lounge/bar located in the heart of Highland Park Village.

Photo Credit: Haley Schultheis

This room has tons of personality so it was a great spot for photos. I adore the blue tufted velvet banquettes and the hits of orange.
Photo Credit: Joy Zhang


Photo Credit: Haley Schultheis

31 wins my vote for the best outdoor space in Dallas. Enveloped with the historic architecture that Highland Park Village is known for, 31 has a quaint European vibe to it...so it only feels natural to linger with a glass of wine there.
Photo Credit: Joy Zhang

Photo Credit: Haley Schultheis

No comments:

Post a Comment