3/08/2013

Book Hoarder​

I have an innate desire to hoard books...especially pretty ones (so superficial, aren't I?). Well, besides art and design books, I dream of amassing a comprehensive collection of literary masterpieces. I've already started with Coralie Bickford-Smith-designed hardcover clothbound Penguin Classics and I'm longing to get my hands on the following beautifully presented tomes as well...







I love that Penguin enlists super talented, current artists and designers like Jessica Hische and Coralie Bickford-Smith to design its covers! CBS is one of my absolute favorites. Here's a great portrait of her and her now famous book designs...
Copyright Jake Walters


The Coralie Bickford-Smith site has recently been updated so be sure to cruise over there and take a look. Lots of eye candy like this stack of the Penguin English Library that she worked on...



And I loved seeing some buyable prints like this...

The Penguin English Library distilled into pattern and colour


Besides housing a blog, the site also showcases more of her body of work including this gem...
Peckham Space - designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith

Happy weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment