4/09/2013

Abbott's Art

God bless the internet...it's such a fantastic meandering pathway to awesome discoveries, isn't it? One of my latest favorite finds is the work of artist Sophie Abbott. This UK-based painter creates some really beautiful (and well-priced) abstract pieces. I was immediately drawn to the textures, movement, and upbeat, exuberant color combinations that seem to exist in all of her works. Have a look at this small sampling of picks...

Inky Forest by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 35" square

Summer Beach by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 28x35"

Snowy Tracks by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 35" square



Dark Trees by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 35" square


Blue Pond by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas



Pink Shed by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 39" square

Dusty Tracks by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 24" square

Charcoal Sheds by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas



Sand Dune Path by Sophie Abbott, acrylic on canvas, 27x35"

Even though I'm visually delighted just by cruising through Sophie's digital portfolio, I so hope that I'll get to see some in person one day! I just love the gal's work. The paintings are such instant mood lifters and thus I totally need at least one in my life (especially in my office). If I had my pick, I'd probably want Inky Forest.

More work can be seen at SophieAbbott.net and you can stay updated with her latest news by liking Sophie's page on Facebook.

1 comment: