12/09/2010

A House Full of Greek Key

Guess who is on a quest to sneak some Greek key into every room of her house? Big shocker...c'est moi. My efforts are progressing nicely and I can now cross the bedroom off the list. I snagged some fabulous shams on clearance at Z Gallerie. Not only are they are embroidered with my beloved motif, the embroidery thread is the same color as the bluish stripe on the sheets we already have. That's what I call destiny.



The overall effect isn't much different, but I love the slight change.

I can also cross the living room off the list thanks to this cute this box of matches. Orange, check...Greek key, check. Oh yeah, I already have a GK pillow in the room. And it's orange. Oh well, the more the merrier!

It's the little things.

I still have lots of rooms to hit. I'll definitely be adding some Greek key trimmed bolster pillows like Mary McDonald uses in her rooms. In my dream bathroom there will be some fabulous GK tile work going on...it will be amazing. Hopefully I'll still like it when I'm 50, because that's probably when I'll actually get to undertake the remodel!

Are any of you obsessed with a particular motif? It's probably a good thing if you aren't!

Have you been making any little updates around your house? It's nice to add things here and there...keeps the place feeling fresh, don't you think?

17 comments:

  1. Love the match box...I am obsessed with greek key as well! It is timeless...

    Emily Hewett
    awelldressedhome.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love greek key as well!! The bedroom is just FAB!! looks amazing!! I need to know where is that match box from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the new linens. ZGallerie is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bedroom looks absolutely beautiful! love it

    www.thingsthatsparkleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those pillow cases!It's not ann obsession, its an element of your signature style! Everyone should have elements they carry through their home

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always adored a nice Greek Key doormat! Do you have one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I love that pattern! And that match box is too cute ~ wherever did you find it?

    Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the lamps in the bedroom. Can you tell me where they are from? Saw ones like them at restoration hardware but your shade looks nicer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house is amazing! Where are the mirrors in the your bedroom from?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am loving the shams. makes me think about snagging some for my master bedroom....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to know where your bed is from. Maybe you should do a design board of your room and let us know where everything came from!!!!
    leeor_borovick@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you mind sharing the paint color/maker of your bedroom wall color? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jumping on the bandwagon here, but I'd love to know where you found the rug in your bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. tastyfareprettywear.com - I had a Greek key doormat at our old house. I need to grab one for this house now...thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alexis - the wall color is Slate by Restoration Hardware.

    Dawn - the rug is from Jonathan Adler. It was a store floor sample.

    lborovick - I actually did a "Room Recipe" on our bedroom that outlines all of the sourcing information. If you type room recipe into the search bar, it'll come up :)

    Anon - the mirrors came from Ballard Designs a while back. They no longer have them, which is a bummer!

    Anon - the lamps were purchased a few years ago at Z Gallerie. I'm pretty sure that they are the same as the Restoration Hardware ones. Their shades are nice so it's probably better than mine actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the match box and your house is amazing! blog is attention-grabbing. I feel affection for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where did you get your bed board from it is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete