9/22/2010

A Little Bit of Moroccan

Moroccan-inspired home decor has been hot for a while now. Usually, I tire of trends pretty quickly, but that's not the case with the Moroccan goods. The authentic items and motifs have been around for quite some time, so it's really not fair to label them "trendy." Much like Chinese ginger jars, many traditional Moroccan home decor pieces are becoming ubiquitous in Western interiors. Rich with intricate patterns and motifs, the outstanding craftsmanship is apparent and very much appreciated by yours truly. In fact, one of my favorite accent tables in our home is a Moroccan piece (at least, I think it is).

The table was my grandmother's so I don't know much about where it came from or when it was acquired. If any of you have some expertise in this area, please feel free to set me straight on the country of origin! In any case, I love the table and especially like the detail on the brass top...

If you're itching to bring some Moroccan zest to your home, you've come to the right place. I've uncovered two great sources for Moroccan furniture and home furnishings...one is E Kenoz and the other is Sheherazade.

E Kenoz has good accent furniture and lighting...






Sheherazade has a wider selection. This is just a tiny sampling of their online inventory...


Ikat Pillows

Poufs (they have lots of colors)

What is your opinion on Moroccan-style home decor? I obviously like it, however, with all of the rich colors, textures, and details...a little goes a long way!

8 comments:

  1. I love the Moroccan look too! My grandma spent some time in Iran and my mom inherited many of the cool pieces from her travels. I'd love to have a neat space to incorporate them into someday! Also, I looove those floor pillows! I have a few that I use to sit on in front of my coffee table so I can work (Blog) while watching TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That are such beautiful pieces!
    These lamps are gorgeous!

    Lovely greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly can't get enough of it! I imagine my lust won't subside until I actually get to GO to Morocco some day. Until then, I'm happy with the pouf I just purchased!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that brass studded ottoman. I'm a big fan of Moroccan pieces, especially the rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table reminds me a lot of the brass work I see in Egypt -- such a nice, ethnic piece with some family history to add to your chic lair.
    I love those poufs!

    Alcira Molina-Ali

    thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Moroccan stuff.. I need some in my house! I am drooling over that globe chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love mixing in a little moroccan, always a feature piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the accent table...I recently started looking at your blog and love your interior design skills! I don't know if you are aware but the circle between where the elephants/camels are and the horses is all arabic calligraphy! It would be cool to know what it actually says :)

    ReplyDelete