12/15/2010

In the Flesh: Mary McDonald

Last week I went to Mary McDonald's book signing and obviously, I came home with a signed copy of her beautiful new book, Mary McDonald: Interiors, The Allure of Style. It is beyond amazing and would make such a wonderful gift...to yourself or someone else, so you might want to order a few copies before Christmas!

  
Here is Mary signing away at the party. This photo doesn't do her justice. She is honestly one of the prettiest people I've ever met. She must sleep in a cryogenic chamber because she looks unbelievably youthful. After seeing her completely flawless skin, gorgeous hair, and fantastic figure, I'm hoping her next book will just focus on revealing her beauty secrets! Added bonus, she was also super nice and seemed like tons of fun.


Like a little kid with a new toy, I couldn't wait to open it up. I dove into it right after getting home from the event. I was also quick to find just the right spot to display the book.

The orange accents on the cover fit right into my world.

Brace yourselves...now I have it positioned vertically. Pretty exciting, huh?

Ok, I'll stop showing off my new favorite book now. I'm equally excited to tell you all more about the venue at which the book signing was held. Ceylon et Cie is incredible and it was such a pleasure to chat with the glamorous proprietor, Michelle Nussbaumer, while at the party.

Here's a snapshot of Michelle and Mary...

Tomorrow's post will be all about the wondrous place that is Ceylon et Cie, so stay tuned for that!

4 comments:

  1. Wow so very exciting, I would have loved to have met her! I am sure you will treasure that forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyle -- I asked for Mary's book for Christmas!! I hope I get it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book goes perfectly on your coffee table. I hope she shares her secrets too, her skin is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting!! That book is on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete