4/06/2011

Chair Fetish

I'm officially adding another chair to my Hall of Fame today! It's called the Masquerade Tufted Chair and is made by by Century Furniture. The ones below are pimped out with magenta fabric and a contrasting welt and buttons in orange. It's a subtle, but oh-so-fun detail. If you're ever having something upholstered, be sure to consider doing something interesting with those elements.


Of course, I love the tufting and nailheads, but most of all I love the shape the chair. With its playful lines, the lovely chair is traditional and modern at the same time. Do you love it too?

Could you ever have pink chairs in your home? I probably wouldn't ever choose pink for my house...if I was going bold, I'd probably pick orange!

7 comments:

  1. Adorable. Actually my favorite part is that stepped cabinet behind them! The whole vignette really works in a colorful yet sophisticated way- the art, wall color, cabinets and chairs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I could definitely do pink chairs- prefer a lighter pink but yes- pink is fabulous in my books. And I love the artwork as well- gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tufting & nailheads too! gorgeous chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kyle, I agree about the orange - it would be my choice too if I were adding colour to a room - I agree with Christine - the artwork is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are fabulous, but i'm with you i think orange is the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The artwork is amazing! Also, I'm in total agreement with Naomi that the stepped chest is one of the best parts of the vignette.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! There isn't near enough pink and magenta in home decor, as far as I'm concerned. But orange would be a lively choice as well. Love this room, overall. Yet further proof that pastels can be chic - it all depends on what they're paired with and how they're used.

    ReplyDelete