5/10/2011

Kips Bay Show House on Gilt

Gilt is hosting a sale of selected pieces from the Kips Bay Decorator Show House. Items include sconces designed by Mary McDonald, luxe Schumacher pillows and custom banquette cushions, a Stark rug, Baccarat crystal, and a custom headboard designed by Amanda Nisbet. Here are some shots of the house via Gilt:

Designed by Celerie Kemble...

Designed by Richard Mishaan...

Bolier Console


I'm 99% sure this is Mary McDonald's room, which is the entry...




Designed by Matthew Smyth...

Amanda Nisbet's bedroom design...




While I love a dose of modern art in an otherwise traditional space, I don't like the open mouth photograph that was hung above the bed (shown in the previous photos). This shot shows the room without it and for me it's better this way.  
Photo via AND

I think these bud vases are a bit creepy (but if you don't, they're included in the sale) but I LOVE the color used on the walls/trim so I had to share!

What are your thoughts on the show house based on what you've seen so far? I'm not blown away, but I'm still super excited to see it when I'm in New York for Kravet's Blogfest!

2 comments:

  1. Amanda Nisbet is so clever! I love her room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just found your blog through La Dolce Vita. I completely agree with you about Amanda Nisbet's room. I was suprised everybody liked it so much - I love the room much more without the art above the bed. Oh well, maybe I'm being boring?

    ReplyDelete