11/10/2010

DwellStudio Rugs

A few weeks ago, I cooed over Calypso Home's dhurries, and today, DwellStudio's new rugs are the objects of my desire. I have texture issues with high-pile rugs. Not sure where it came from, but I've got a deep-rooted aversion to floor coverings that feet sink into. Walking barefoot on shag carpeting or a Flokati rug is about as appealing to me as lighting my hair on fire.

But I digress...let's get back to celebrating the release of DwellStudio's fab line-up of wool and cotton blend rugs. Besides the wondrous, Kyle-approved texture, the patterns and colors are stellar and it looks like some styles are reversible! So far, A+ grades awarded for form and function. The final blessing from the rug gods is the oh-so reasonable price -- the 5x8' striped beauty is just $200! Now the hard part is choosing...


Um, how perfect would this look in my impending guest room makeover?!?


I feel like I'm cheating on my favorite color, Orange, by admitting that yellow has been in my mind lately. This pretty little thing would go well in the imaginary room I created here for a past Mood Board Monday.

Clearly I've never met a flat-woven rug that I didn't like!
Are you a fan too or do you prefer cushy, high-pile rugs?

15 comments:

  1. This type of rug is so great in many types of rooms, I like layering them over carpet! These designs are really nice...
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the flat rugs, too. And I've been searching for one in yellow. Thanks for the great shopping tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, beyond the generally undeniable awesomeness of these rugs, you're pithy writing is jumping of the blogpage today ; )
    High Gloss here she comes!
    Cheers, Alcira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alcira - you are too good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Question: I have always been a high pile gal [and my husband prefers them as well], but as I have been shopping for a new rug for our media room, I have been drawn to the patterns of the low pile rugs and Flor tile squares. So my question is this: if laid over a wood floor, will a low pile rug provide enough cushion for the occasional laying on the floor to watch a movie? Or the crawling of little knees while the adults watch a movie? I really want to try something new and different from the other rugs in my house, but I am afraid that low pile is only good for walking across, not sitting on. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy - If you use a good, thick rug pad like this one, it should be much better than if you just laid the rug over a wood floor. I'm not sure how the pad would work with FLOR tiles though....might want to ask FLOR about that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all! Now one must decide between them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. kyle. you are my hero today. i was just shopping calypso yesterday and i'm on a hunt for a rug so this is perfect! i have a question though, i only have carpet floors. :( do you think rugs would look awkward on carpet? also if you have a sec would you be willing to look at my eat in kitchen and give an opinion about putting a rug under the table? i can't decide between a circle or rectangle rug or nothing at all. i'm thinking of going with a b/w stripe or green/white stripe. the picture of my eat in kitchen is here: http://srohome.blogspot.com/2010/10/diy-chandelier.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great rugs -- I love the flat, woven ones....they are perfect for layering, and so much easier to clean!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh I love the color and patterns of these rugs- for such a great price get 2 and switch them out every so often for a new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the way you think Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stop, it's too much. Dwell always has their booth next to ours at the NYIGF in Accent on Design, and I crush on all their pretty things. Especially their baby line... even though, I don't even have a kid. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love patterned rugs they always make a great statement. I adore the Gate in Ash and Cream one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I presented these to a client today and they were very well received. Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete